This strange, little creature was crawling up a post at the last house I lived in. I'm pretty sure it's what inspired Lewis Carroll's wonderland caterpillar. It has puffs of white fur!
Just goes to show that inspiration is all around us. Sometimes we have to look a little harder or do a little extra, but it's worth it.
Need a creative boost? Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Read your favorite childhood book.
2. Go for a walk and notice everything.
3. Read odd news headlines.
4. Visit the Creativity Portal.
5. Drink a glass of wine, then write a poem. Just let the words flow.
6. Peruse pictures on Pinterest.
7. Listen to music.
8. Stare at the ceiling or a white wall. Let your mind wander.
9. Go somewhere new.
10. Visit a museum and pick a piece to write about.
11. Use tarot/oracle cards as prompts for writing/painting/crafting.
12. Look at something upside down.
13. Write sideways on the page.
14. Go on a media fast. No internet/books/news for at least a week.
15. Write down your dreams for a week. Notice any patterns.
16. Drink Fairytale Tea.
17. Create a sacred space/altar and fill it with things that inspire you.
18. Take a bubble bath.
19. Peruse a second-hand book shop for pretty, vintage books.
20. Take a nap. (Side note: it seems like any time I get settled in for a nap, an idea hits me.)
22. See a play.
24. Look at art you don't like or read a book outside of your preferred genre.
25. People watch.
26. Do something tedious like washing dishes.
27. Spend a day outdoors.
28. Take your notebook to a cafe/bookstore/park and record bits of conversation.
29. Learn something new (swing dance, piano, baking green tea muffins).
30. Listen to an elderly person's stories.