I'm not the greatest recipe creator and I'm definitely impatient, so when I went looking for mermaid smoothie recipes (due to all those beautiful fantasy food photos I come across), I realized two things: 1) too much work, and 2) I can't find half of those ingredients.
So I took a little from this and that and made my own version using ingredients I could find and that were inexpensive.
Here is the Mermaid Smoothie Bowl result:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wild lavender honey (or agave/your fave sweetener)
- 1 large banana
- a few drops blue food coloring (you can use Spirulina for a more natural coloring, but I couldn't find it and usually it's a bit expensive)
- pineapple slices and edible hearts for topping (you can use anything from nuts to fruit to edible flowers)
- Put all ingredients (except for toppings) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with fruit, nuts, etc.