We were told a week ago that super typhoon Ruby would be making her way towards our lovely town, and she did, but she wasn't so super. Phew! Monday came with buckets of rainfall, but that was about it. It's Tuesday morning and it's still raining, but we're thankful, as this part of the Philippines didn't get much rain this year.
I've been puttering around the house, not doing much. Reading here and there. Napping. And blogging, now that the generator is running (power went out yesterday). So this is kind of like my "winter," hunkering down inside, trying to find things to do that sometimes don't require electricity.
If you find yourself in the same boat - whether it's raining or snowing or just too darn cold to go outside - here are some ideas to keep you busy.
2. Play a board game or, if you're in the right company, Cards Against Humanity.
3. Reread your favorite book.
4. Start a new book.
5. Make your own dreamcatcher.
6. Bake cookies or these cinnamon roll mug cakes.
7. Take a bubble bath.
8. Complete a jigsaw puzzle.
9. Write handwritten letters to your friends.
10. Decorate a gingerbread house.
12. Write a short story/poem/novel.
13. Redecorate/rearrange your home.
14. Cull through your closet to find things you no longer want and can donate.
15. Put together new outfit combos.
16. Make a fort out of pillows, blankets, and chairs.
17. Catch up on blog reading.
18. Make a summer dream board.
19. Do a mat workout.
21. Organize your files/loose tax documents/photos/junk drawer.
23. Find a new hobby.
24. Have an indoor picnic.
25. Finger paint.
26. Cozy up next the fireplace and toast some s'mores.
27. Have a themed movie night.
28. Paint a selfie.
29. Work your noggin with brain games.
30. Memorize a poem.
31. Learn a language.
32. Do a bit of grownup coloring.
33. Give your dog a bath.
34. Give yourself a manicure.
35. Plan your most awesome year.
36. Look at cute pictures of animals.
37. Listen to music. Dancing is optional.
38. Look through old magazines.
39. If you have a blog, plan your editorial calendar for the coming month.
41. Plan your dinner menu for the next week.
42. Make Christmas ornaments with stuff you already have around the house.